Having my web site get hacked was an incredibly disruptive event, and more paralyzing than I thought it would be. I have spent the better part of a year stuck on the idea of trying to recreate what was here.
Then today when I finally took a look, I realized that would be taking a step backward. I have some images from the past that I want to put up, but I need to focus on something new to move forward.
So I am giving myself a challenge to come out on September 1st. My goal will be to go through my collection of lenses, one by one, and post one image taken each day for one month with that lens. I may not post each day, as life doesn’t always allow the time, but I will do my best to produce at least one worthy image each day.
Wish me luck.
November 17, 2021
Yep, it happened.
I’ve had web sites up for at least 25 years, and I’ve never had a site hacked. In fact I’ve never had anything hacked. Not a PC, not an account, not a social media page, nothing. Until now.
Dianne discovered the problem a couple of days ago, and it appeared to have happened perhaps 4 days before she spotted it. I got in touch with my web host, and they were on it within a couple of hours, and were able to restore most of it to working order.
But they also found and removed some malicious code, and warned that there may be some issues with the database, so I should be cautious.
I take your safety and security very seriously, so to be safe I killed the database, all of the web site – content, menus, all of it, and decided to start over with some new security measures in place.
So hang in there, I will be back!