A Little Bit of Catch Up
I’m slower than I planned doing updates, but I build slow so it’s not a big problem.
I spend a lot of time filing mold lines, can’t stand them.
I am using the Aries cockpit kit, my first try at resin. The detail is pretty amazing, and I found that the extra bits in the molding are easily taken out with a Dremel. Once I got them cleaned up, I installed the wheel column and whatever that lever is on the side, and primed everything with Badger primer, then shot it with Model Master Interior Green acrylic.
I also have the landing gear bays and parts primed and base coated in Neutral Gray. Some research indicated that although most of them let the factory with an aluminum paint, they were usually painted neutral gray before they arrived in the war zone.
That’s about the extent of my progress, now comes the more detailed painting…